Image Map

March 02, 2015

anyway



In the words of Samwise Gamgee: Well, I'm back.

I didn't mean to be. And anyway, if you leave your blog for half a year, what right have you to come back? Actually, you have every right in the world. And besides, I'm attached to it. Like a pet, or a ship, or 1 a.m. snacks (quesadillas are a+ 1 a.m. snacks, by the way). I'm not sure which direction this blog will be taking from now on. Not that it ever took any particular direction before. But I was trying too hard before, and it wore down into not trying at all, so now I'll just try a little bit and hope that it will somehow help me to live more authentically. That's what the priest at camp (a great hulk of a Franciscan friar with a mighty hand shake and the kind of soul you feel you could open up yours to and still be quite alright) last summer told me to do.

Also, at camp, I saved the world from an invasion of Hell Wasps (they're like the hounds but stickier, and they reside beneath a piece of metal right outside one of the cabins) and figured out that 12 to 13-year-old boys are where my conversation skills peak at. Huh. Who knew?

Oh, and I am now a legal adult and I Am Very Scared But Also Highly Amused But Mainly Frightened Because Now I Have To Figure Out What To Do With My Life And I Just Have No Idea Darn Darn Darn Darny Darn It.

So, here it is. Arda Nessimava reborn. Yay.

(by the way, i'm wondering if i should maybe change my url? or would that create pandemonium for anyone who still cares about my thrilling blog?)

13 comments:

  1. Bahahaha. This post. And those wasps. I'm chortling like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you fully appreciate that the back of your leg remained largely sting-free because of my astounding amount of bravery.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes. You deserve a medal.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I for one am looking forward to what you'll do with this blog. :) Practically though, changing a url is a tricky thing when it comes to ... well, anything, and I've been wrestling with that idea as well. You don't want to change it because you'll lose readers, but you do want to change it because it no longer matches. I don't think there's an official answer, but I'll say this: If you don't, you might want to put a wee blurb on an "about" page explaining the mismatched url, and if you do, I'd suggest a generic one, like your name (like I have) so in case you change your blog's published name again in the future, it will still match you.

    Okay, Hanlin over and out.

    The Starving Inspired
    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, iris! I decided for the change after all, and I also managed to find a redirect code for my old url, so it automatically sends you here. so that's cool. it's here (under "html redirects") if you want it.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful picture! And so glad you're back. :) I say if you want to change the url, go for it, girl.

    blessings
    sami xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELCOME BACK!!! Missed you. Hope life doesn't get too adulty for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JACK!!! i think i'm doing alright at avoiding adulty stuff, but crikey—this aging thing is getting me down.

      Delete
  5. I was going to be like "DON'T CHANGE YOUR URL!" but if I'm redirected back here after all, then shoot, I don't care. Do what you will and God be with you.

    I may copy it into my blog roll, though, so I get your trimonthly (or so) updates. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "trimonthly." well excuuuse me, kat, but i'll have you know i've already posted twice in the past two weeks. so there.

      Delete
  6. jill your blog design is prettier than me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS SON also i feel like you've left that exact same comment on another post before.

      Delete