Image Map

March 11, 2014

how do you title

Toy Bird by koyamori
{via}


Oh, look at all these nifty buttons and stuff!  There's one to publish a post.  It's a nice creamsicle orange.  How pretty.  I'd forgotten what it looked like.  

Two months is a very long time, Pooh.  Except in summer, in which case it's horrifyingly short.  I think.  What is summer, again?  I can't recall the feel of summer, nor the taste of watermelon, nor the touch of grass.  I know only snow and muck and mucky snow and mucky snow frozen into ice with more snow and muck and ice frozen on top.  But it was actually warm the last couple days.  Not just not cold, but actually warm.  Sort of.  Is 6 degrees warm?  Yes.  Yes it is.  (and oh my gosh the way it smells when things thaw if only a couple hours lovely lovely is there anything more beautiful than manure and wet no there is not)  But it'll be -30 again next week, I shouldn't wonder.
Window by koyamori
because this post needed colour {via}

Umm... I got my wisdom teeth out.  That was fun.  Or at least the laughing gas was.  Then it was all stab stab stab ow blood wow wow wow is my jaw sore.  I was sedated, but they couldn't find my pathetic little veins so I was stabbed at and dug around in numerous times before I went under (honestly, my arm looks more damaged than my face does).  I was apparently quite out but somehow also responsive to them???  I don't remember anything in between the third or fourth stabbing and the sudden awareness of a numb face and mouth stuffed full of bloody gauze except for a vague half-memory of a bang and a crunch.  Now there's holes in my mouth and why the heck is food so hard.  Pudding is a gift from God, I tell you.  

We moved.  Yay for us.  I've got a good 5 or 6 of the light switches figured out.  I feel like a conquering hero every time I get it right.  


And then there's Lent, otherwise known How The Heck Am I Gaining Weight This Is Wrong Wrong Wrong And Why Is Fish So Gross season.  Which also means spring is probably almost maybe sorta coming soonish question mark question mark question mark.

Also, do you have any idea how incredibly graphically gory The Iliad is?  The detailed descriptions of bowels being poured forth upon the beach, spears going through eye sockets, and brains besplattered inside goodly helmets by redoubtable spears are quite, well, vivid.  Also long.  Very long  "Do a course on the Great Books," they said.  "It'll be fun," they said.  Hmm.  The gods are hilarious, though.  They're like the most dysfunctional, horrible family of mighty and all-powerful retards you've ever seen.


Well my face hurts.  This post went nowhere.  I'm gone.

11 comments:

  1. How nice to see you you back!!! But I fear I must tell you.... Six degrees is not warm. SixTY degrees may be considered warm, but not Six. Heck, I don't even think 55 is all that lovely, especially when the house feels like its icing over. I'm ready for warmer ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, 6 isn't particularly warm, but when it's been -25 for endless weeks previous, it feels quite glorious. Also, I'm talking celsius. And that makes a tremendous difference ;D

      Delete
  2. Aw, wisdom teeth removal is the pits. I hated when I got mine out. I felt like such a freak!
    I was wondering if you were talking celsius. That does make a difference. :)
    I hate the end of winter. All the snow is super ugly, and it won't go away. It just feels like I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for spring, and it simply won't come. Drives me crazy.
    On the happy note, I'm giving you an award! Of course, all awards come with a price. :) You get the Sunflower Award.
    http://katrinadelallo.blogspot.com/2014/03/warning-incredibly-long-post-ahead.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ugly snow means winter is ending soon, I'm generally not too displeased with it. Not having to bundle up in a ski jacket, heavy boots, awkward gloves, bad tasting scarves, and intensely static-charged toques every time I go out is perfectly splendid.

      Thanks for the award! I'll try to do it sometime soon. :)

      Delete
  3. One begins to wonder if we're entering a mini-ice age; I shouldn't be suprised. Stock up on the union suits!

    (What is global warming again?)

    Ick. I remember absolutely nothing from my actual wisdom tooth removal (just waking up with cotton-mouth afterwards,) but your experience? Sounds very sincerely not fun. Thin veins aren't fun either. Ouch.

    So what you're saying is you've moved, but *not* anywhere warmer? Not getting the logic here.

    (Love that splash of color.)

    Love your blog very much, so I've also tagged you for the Sunflower Blog Award! Right about here:

    http://rubydanderfluff.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-sunflower-blogger-award-another-tag.html

    Participate or not, it's all up to you... (either way, feel better soon!) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Global warming doesn't actually exist. It's a lie made up the world governments to distract the common folk from alien invasions and the inhumane slaughter of sea turtles and such.

      The experience wasn't too bad, really. Actually that's kind of a lie. But pain killers and instant pudding are a thing, so I pulled through. Except I thought the holes were all closed up, but turns out one of them isn't, and I ate popcorn, so I'm slightly concerned about it healing up and there being a popcorn husk stuck in my bone forever and ever. The incredibly stupid things I do.

      Actually we built a new house, like, 20 ft away from our old one. So it's not much warmer, no. Well, the actual house is. The heating in my new room is crazy.

      Aww, thanks for the compliment and the award!

      Delete
  4. I moved recently too and, oh my gosh, you are so right! The light switches are so hard to figure out! =D Hehe. And yeah The Iliad is seriously gory and filled with vivid details....hmmm.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OUCH! Wisdom teeth!!!! Get lots of rest if you can. Laughing gas though....were you worried you'd start giggling insanely while they were working and there'd be nothing you could do about it? (That is my laughing gas and doctor fear.)

    Summer...what is summer? I can't remember either. When you figure it out let me know.

    I know what you mean about The Illiad. I haven't read it all through, but bits and pieces. Did you get to the part where Hector chases Achilles all around Troy? I like that part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An excellently well written post! The LotR quote is absolutely perfect! :D
    I'm sorry to hear of the less-than-comfortable tooth removal... hope it's healed up nicely now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just jumping on the award-giving bandwagon and nominating you for the Sunshine Award! *sparkle sparkle*
    http://sistersketches.blogspot.com/2014/05/you-are-my-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I tagged you :) http://isabelladelallo.blogspot.com/2014/05/thousands-of-answers-to-one-smple.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete