Image Map

November 21, 2013

middle-earth challenge - day 21


{30 Day Middle-earth Challenge at Lianne Taimenlore & The Splendor Falls on Castle Walls}

Day 21, being saddest death.  I feel inclined to say Boromir's.  (I'm thinking mainly of it in the movie.  I don't really remember it too well in the book.)  

Then I think of Théoden's, and I get confused.  

Not to mention Gandalf's "death," with The Bridge of Khazad-dûm (the last minute of it) playing, and everyone just devastated and lost and hopeless.  Cuts me deep.  

But..... I'm gonna say Beleg's.  He was the best and most loyal of friends.  He stuck beside Túrin through everything.  He risked his life to save him.  And then Túrin... oh, Túrin.  

{by Ted Nasmith}

I know you didn't mean to.  At all.  Had you been in possession of your senses, you might have killed yourself before anyone could force you to do it.  But maybe if you had ever bothered to control yourself at any time during your life, you might've been able to think that one through.  I blame you, obviously.  But I think you hate yourself enough without me pointing all ten of my accusing fingers in your ruddy direction.  But Beleg?  DARN IT, TÚRIN, YOU HALF-WITTED LESSER SON OF GREATER SIRES, IT WAS BELEG.  I'm just very upset with you right now.  And forever.  Leave me.  Go fight a dragon, would you?


3 comments:

  1. I say this all the time: I NEED TO READ THE SILMARILLION. Oh my word, it sounds simply incredible. I feel like such an inadequate Tolkien fan without having read it. Therefore, I will as soon as possible!!
    By the way, have you seen Thor: the Dark World yet? IT DESTROYED ME. :D But in a good way;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you possibly can get through it, you must read it. 'Tis magnificent.

      AND THOR YES I HAVE SEEN THOR MANY FEELINGS I AM HAVING ABOUT THOR BUT MAINLY LOKI LOKI HAS GOTTEN EVEN MORE BRILLIANT THAN HE USED TO BE BUT WOW. LOKI.

      Delete
    2. OH GIRL DON'T I KNOW
      DIES from his sheer awesomeness.
      I almost didn't survive the film. holy cow.

      Delete