Image Map

August 20, 2013

crystal blue skies and heavy, heavy eyes

Written sometime during the leisurely rush of this past weekend.

Road trips.  Who doesn't love road trips?  Me, for one.  But I guess there not so bad, now that I've grown out of my wretched propensity to get disgustingly car sick and keep a bucket in reach at all times. And as for being able to read in the car?  One sentence and I might as well have just put myself in one of those Anti-gravity simulators and then got on a roller coaster.  Horrible inconvenience. 
Fortunately though, some things we can outgrow.  I've been in the car for the last bazillion hours.  I've read a hundred pages of The Agency #3, written this and a bit of something else, and I have nary even a bit of a headache.  Don't tell me there is no God.


I'm sprawled out almost comfortably in the backseat, with the sultry sounds of Dario Marianelli, The Civil Wars (their new album...sooo good), and Passenger coming from my little blue box which is obviously bigger on the inside, with the gently rising countryside of northern Alberta gliding past my smeared window.  

Hay fields that are bailed but still green, wheat fields a shade of deep gold flecked with yellow-green, canola now faded from it's brilliant yellow, thick patches of emerald forest and royal blue hills in the distance reaching up to meet a crystal blue sky scattered with pearl and smoke grey clouds waving a storm threat at us.  

The entirety (give or take...mostly take) of the Mater's family are trekking up into the great(ish) north to celebrate great-grandpa's 100th.  What must it be to have seen 100 years?  How heavy his eyes must be.  And yet he can still beat my dad at crib.  Easily.

I made that ipod case out of some fake leather I disemboweled a weird hair scrunchy for.  Applaud me.
'tis a fawn who swam across a river and then attempted to climb a cement wall, which it succeeded in doing the second try.  Bravo, Bambi.

6 comments:

  1. And just like that, those pictures make Alberta a nice place to live. And the disemboweled scrunchy? Bravo. *applauding*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What. You live in Alberta?! No wonder you know the one-who-used-to-be-called Miss Gwenea on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhh this is gorgeous. Also, thank you so much for the tutorials on Youtopia Blogs. Things are pretty slow as of now, (most obviously), but we have a large design for my aunt's currently nonexistent blog to do around September. ANYWAY. THANKYEW.
    DFTBA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road trips are lovely and can be such fun - unless one gets car sick of course. I know how that is. I am glad you are able to enjoy a book on yours and other things 8-D That makes it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love road trips! Although, I don't usually get to go on very many. Most of the ones my family does now are short ones (max. 3 hours, save for when the brakes on your car go an hour from your destination and you have to wait for 2 hours at a deserted rest stop to wait for help to arrive... yeah, that's a long story).

    Dario Marianelli's P&P... excellent soundtrack. Haha! "Bravo, Bambi." :D

    Oh, and before I forget: I awarded you! http://liannetaimenlore.blogspot.com/2013/09/when-life-hands-you-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nessima!

    I've tagged you at my blog in a promo tag for my new book. If you complete it you will get five points in the giveaway that I am going to have. Here is the link: http://hiddenorchards.blogspot.com/2013/09/release-of-christmas-at-tittletons.html

    Thanks,

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete