Image Map

March 22, 2013

the very long post of a tags and awards

Apparently, you evil lovely people enjoy giving me an over-excessive amount of tags and awards.  So I'll quit ignoring them and do them all right now.  All 4 of them.  Or is it 5?  Rather a daunting task, but as the Doctor would say....


Miss Melody Muffin gave me the Liebster Blog Award.  Which I've already gotten multiple times before, but it's nice to know people still think me worthy of it.  Thag you bery buch, Melody!
Protocol demands I post the rules and follow them accordingly, even if I don't intend to follow them.
1. You must post eleven random facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. The eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.



Mine Eleven factuals:

1. One of these fine days, I'm going to start an etsy shoppe.  But right now, paypal is vexing me exeedingly.
2.  "I...have a plan."  No, I'm just kidding.  I don't.

3. I really hope that our bajillion feet of snow melt soon.  For the obvious reasons, but also so I can find that arrow I very stupidly lost in the snow. 
4. I'm I the only one who thinks YouCats should come in more colours than just yellow?  There's a whole spectrum of possibilities and they're competely missing it!  
5. I think...I can't remember what it was I thinked. 
6. I occasionally make jewellery.  Occasionally.
7. Why is it that as soon as you need to think of a few things about yourself you suddenly can hardly remember your own name? 
8. I may not remember my name, but I do like cheesecake.  
9. And Loreena McKennitt.
10. And old movies.  My favourites are Casablanca, Roman Holiday, Sabrina, To Kill A Mockingbird, and as of yesterday, My Fair Lady.  Pretty much anything with Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, or Gregory Peck.
11. Tom Hiddleston is quite possibly my favourite celebrity.  

Mine eleven responsuals:
  1. What is your favorite holiday tea (or drink)?
I've never been a big tea person.  There are only a few teas which I find edible.  So I'm gonna go with hot chocolate.  I really quite enjoy hot chocolate.  My favourite is the candy cane (white with peppermint) variety.  'Tis a happy thing indeed.
2. Would you rather visit the mountains or the ocean?
Uuuummmmm...oh dear.  I love both.  Although...maybe...sort of...the mountains?  Because I love forests and streams and lakes and all the greenness of it.  Or maybe the ocean.  Because I love the waves crashing along the shore and watching the water go on forever into the horizon.  
3. What is your favorite soup?
The Italian hamburher soup Mater makes.  'Tis quite frabjous.  But other than that, I'm not really a soup person.  
4. A mouse runs out from under a wall and across your bedroom.  What do you do?
Try to frighten it with my evil stare.  When that doesn't work (and it won't    my stare isn't as evil as one could hope), I'll grab the nearest thing I can put over it to contain it.  Then I shall attempt to get it outside.  Then I'll go find one of my cats.  And you can figure out the rest.
5. What was the last book you read?

The Book of Three.  'Twas delightful.
6. King Kamehameha (the Great), who was he?

He conquered the Hawaiian Islands and formally established the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi in 1810, of course!  Doesn't everyone know that?  Nah, I'm kidding.  I got that from wikipedia because I had no idea who he was.  I am ashamed.  
7. What is your favorite Christmas song?

I....can't even remember.  Maybe O Come, O Come, Emmanuel?
8. What is your favorite traditional Thanksgiving food?

Whipped cream.  With pumpkin pie on the side. 
9. Have you ever been in an airplane?

Twice.  Which is slightly surprising considering three (four?) of my uncles, both of my grandpas (every time I see either one, they try to turn me into a pilot), and my dad (though that was before I had graced the world with my existence) have there pilot's license at some time or another.  But I don't particularly like flying.  because it kinda scares the pajeebies out of me.
10. Housecleaning, do you hate it, not mind it, or actually like it?
Oooh.  "Hate" is such a strong word.  More like, deeply dislike.
11. Ever played Ultimate Frisbee?

Yes.  On multiple occasions.  And I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do when I catch the frisbee.  Games where you actually have to move confuse me greatly.


                                                  >>>--------------> <---------------<<<

Aliyanna gave me the One Lovely Blog Award.  Thank you, Aliyanna!  

The rules go something along the lines of "Link back to the person and thank them, share seven things about yourself, nominate 15 other people, blahdeblahdeblah...."  None of which I'm going to do.  Except for the linking and the thanking. 

                                                     >>>--------------> <---------------<<<

Rose M. gave me the One of the Greats Blogger Award.  Which is rather special since I was one of the first ever people to receive this award.  Thank you, Rose!
Rules:
1. Copy & paste the award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions given below (everyone answers the same questions every time).
3. Award 1-5 bloggers who are some of your favorites, give a quick description of why you chose them, and let them know you tagged them!

The questions:
1. What are some of your tips for the background of blogs?  Layout, colors, etc.?  
Too busy is never good.  In fact, too busy is horrid.  The backgrounds that are loud, and flashy are no-nos.  Busy tiling images that are obviously not seamless are also to be avoided.  Too bright, too dark are no good at all.  Neon?  Just no.  Simpler (meaning anything from plain white, to white with a pattern, to a solid   preferably lighter, but dark also works if you're careful   colour with minimal patterning).  Some examples:  this, this, and this.
2. What are your favorite blog topics to write about?  Book reviews, baking, everyday life, sewing, etc.?
Anything that strikes me fancy.  As you all know so well.
3. What are some of your favorite blog topics to read?
I haven't the constitution for fashion blogs.  Or the interest for cooking blogs.  But if someone can write a good story, make me laugh, take a good picture, say a good thing, or just share on ordinary glimpse of life...that is the kind of blog I like to read.
4. What is your biggest blogging tip for newbies?
Try not to become like everyone else, if you can manage it.  If it's really you, it's bound to be unique.  "Unique" is, to me, one of the most attractive qualities a blogger can have.  And if you have the time, try to use uppercase where uppercase should be used, post more often than I do, pleasepleasePLEASE, for the sake of my sanity and everyone else's, take word verification on comments off, and at least attempt to give your blog a decent design (if you're totally inept, there are people who can help you with all your designing woes.  Because I'm smooth like that.).  
5. Why did you start blogging?
I...can't even remember.  Gosh, I'm intelligent.

                                                  >>>--------------> <---------------<<<

A tag from Awdur.  Thanks Awdur!

1. What are you currently reading? If you aren't currently reading anything, why not?
If All the Swords in England by Barbara Willard.  
2. Do you like rainy days or sunny days or snowy days best?
Sun and rain are both equally good in their turn, but I have little patience for snow.  I mean, it's good every so often to have some snow.  There's something wonderfully lovely about watching the snow fall down on a morning when the world is softly lit with grey light.  It's just...peaceful.  But every single day for 5 months?  Ice and muck and burnt retinas and UGH. 
3. What is the weather like where you are?
See above definition of "UGH".
4. Sunset or Sunrise?
Sunset.  Because to see a sunrise you need to do the wakey-uppey thing.  And I don't do the wakey-uppey thing.
6. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
Hopefully not still working on these tags...or looking for #5...and hopefully doing something intelligent.  Like, speaking multiple languages.  Or involved in top-secret government organizations.  
And suddenly I want to study like crazy.
7. Do you think baby potbellied pigs are cute?
Slightly.  Ok, yes they are, but bacon's tastier than baby pigs are cute.  
 8. Did you notice that there was no question 5?
Yes.  Yes I did.
9. What did you dream about the night before you wrote this?
I don't really dream...much.  And when I do, I don't remember it.  Unless, everything is a dream, and I'm in one right now, and someday something will happen and it won't be a dream anymore and...and...oh never mind.  That was just my brain being weird.  Ignore me please.
10. Do you ever dream about something, and then something like that happens?
Quite possibly, but obviously, I don't remember.  Remember?
11. Woods or fields?
Um, both?  Woods, if it has to be one.  I love the woods.  'Tis a happy place.
12. Do you own a cellphone?
Δεν έχουν στην ιδιοκτησία τους ένα κινητό τηλέφωνο. Τα κινητά τηλέφωνα είναι αδύναμη για τους θνητούς. 
Muwahahaha.

                                                      >>>--------------> <---------------<<<

Another one from Alyianna.  The Shine On Award.  Thank you, Alyianna!
1. Who are your five favourite authors and why?
J.R.R. Tolkien.  Numero Uno.  For reasons I should think are more than obvious.  Then C.S. Lewis, of course.  After that, Rosemary Sutcliff (because I love the way uses words.  If you've read any of her books, you'll perhaps know what I mean.), John Flanagan (because he's frabjously hilarious, and Halt.  Just Halt.  And Will, too.  But mostly Halt.), and, mmm, maybe Marcus Zusak (BECAUSE.).  I also enjoy Dickens.  Even though he uses way too many words. 
2. If you had one day left to live, what would you do? (Oh, and it does matter how long your answer to this. A schedule for the whole day would work, too. xD But I doubt any of you will want to spend that much time on it. ;P)
Receive the sacraments...go riding...draw a picture...sit in a public face making faces and waving at people like I know them, because it no longer matters if people think I'm a psychopath anymore...yell crazy things like "VIVA CRISTO REY!" out on street corners, because that would be fun, and I can only hope they don't put people who are dying in prison...do something really nice for my family...design my gravestone...um, slightly depressing question.
3. What are your top twenty favourite foods? :P (I know I'd never be able to only say twenty. Hmm...maybe I should do a post about that. Any interest?)
Top twenty?  Gosh.  I can't just list off twenty favourite foods just like that!  It's easier to tell you what I don't like.  Milk, egg salad sandwiches, mustard, suspicious looking soups, suspicious looking sandwiches, suspicious looking things in general, things that I made....
4. Which of these would you rather do?
        - save the world with Percy Jackson
        - spend a day riding horses and shooting targets with Merida (that red-headed princess in Brave)
        - travel Middle Earth with Gandalf (you're not going to spend much time in any place, though)
I think the answer to that is already obvious, but on top of that, I have yet to sample the delights of Percy Jackson and I just embarrass myself every time I shoot targets.  Seriously, it's extraordinary how bad I suck at at hitting things.  Or, hitting things I'm supposed to hit.  I'm brilliant at hitting things I'm not.  Although I have recently discovered that I have a talent for hitting my sister's head with a dryer ball.  I don't even mean to hit her so squarely...it just sorta happens.
5. Which of these would you rather do?
        - work in the house with Cinderella but get to go the ball with her and end up marrying Cinderella's prince's brother
        - time travel with the Doctor
        - spend a day at home alone getting to do whatever you want to do
I think that hardly needs answering.  Seriously though.  Cleaning the house (I "deeply dislike cleaning") with Cinderella (never liked her.  Not since I was 3, anyway.) and then marrying the prince's brother (um. Will he buy me a sword?)     I'm gonna have to say no to that.  
Staying at home by myself?  Quite tempting, I will admit.  I do love being by myself.  But compared to going for a spin in the TARDIS?  yeahhhhhNO.  
And in case you're wondering, the first place I would like to go is the Library of Alexandria.  I would really really love that.


Kiri Liz tagged me as well...
Maybe a different day.  



My brain hurts.

9 comments:

  1. So. Many. Tags! But they were all quite fun to read.

    Let me know when you start your Etsy Shoppe! I will follow you like a stalker person. Maybe not quite so creepily, actually, but quite as lovingly. No, that still sounds creepy. I'll just add your shoppe to my favourites. There! Not creepy!

    Ooh, Hiddles! He is such a gentleman. It is SO NICE to discover that gentlemen still do exist in the world. He is also becoming one of my favourite all time people.

    I wish I could go through and comment on everything, but then you'd end up with a comment that is as long as your post, and NO ONE will want to read that! So, I'll just end by saying I loved your replies, loved this post, and can't wait until you post again. :)

    (Again, that came off as creepy. What a unique talent I have! I promise I'm actually a very nice person! Not creepy at all! Unless I stare at you over my glasses. Then I do appear quite creepy. But usually I'm not. And now I'll stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiddles = awesome. And he's one of the few people who can be counted to consistently say intelligent things. Which is just rare.

      Can I just say that creepy (that certain kind of creepy that people like you and I are good at creating, not the creepy creepy kind) comments are kind of the best. Thank you for you for creepiness. 'Tis much appreciated. :P

      Delete
  2. I LOVE John Flanagan's books! I don't care that they are technically written for young boys...they are AMAZING!!!! (Mostly, that's how it is, i've found...the books meant for boys are better-generally.)
    And, yeah, I would definately choose the TARDIS over cleaning (eewww...) and staying at home by myself (all i would do is read or be on the computer...besides, by myself at night? #NOTHANKYOU...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! One time I was in this bookstore and the lady running it directed me the girls section, I took one look at it, and immediately turned to the boy's shelf, and came away with a whole stack of them. 'Twas magnificent.

      Actually, I quite enjoy staying at home all by my onesies at night. You can eat an unlimited amount of ice cream and watch an unlimited amount of Doctor Who or Merlin. Quite lovely indeed.

      Delete
  3. That was an unholy amount of tags. LOL. I hate it when I have a pileup of those bad boys. It's finally like, "THANK YOU BUT NO!" when people award you.

    I love your blog, I'm so glad I discovered it. :D And your answers cracked me up. Especially the one in regard to snow. I'm the same. A little snow here and there.... but over all? Nah. UGH. :D

    That picture of RDJ at the end made me giggle. :)

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "An unholy amount of tags." *snort*

      Awww gorsh! *blushes profusely* Why you all so nice to me? :)

      Delete
  4. I have never seen so many tags in one post omgosh. I was like THREE??? and then you said "AND ONE MORE." I was shocked. I liked the RDJ gif. It was funny :) DEFINITELY TRAVEL WITH THE DOCTOR!!! Anyway, if I did a Merlin blog party at the beginning of April would you participate?

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hardly to be contemplated.

      I would indeed participate!

      Delete
  5. "None of which I'm going to do". BAHAHA that just made my day. :P

    ReplyDelete